Monday, January 11, 2010
Bible in 90 Days - Update
It is day 11 of my Bible in 90 Days challenge and I am on track! I am in the middle of Numbers right now. It has been really great so far. In order to get my reading done each day, I have had to cut out computer time, TV time, etc. But time with God is so much better!! I finished Leviticus yesterday. Leviticus is not the most exciting book, but it is the inspired Word of God, so it is in the Bible for a reason. Leviticus may seem "dry" but it really speaks of God's holiness and our need for a Savior. Leviticus mainly talks about the offerings ( burnt, sin, fellowship, grain, wave, atonement) and moral laws. As you read, you might think "wow, there were so many rules and regulations," but they were there for a purpose. Overall it shows us our need for a Savior, Jesus. His blood had to be shed for our sins. He is our atoning sacrifice. It also shows us that God Almighty is HOLY. Many times throughout Leviticus, it states, "I, the Lord am Holy, who makes you holy." I was just struck with how often I forget to see God as Holy and I approach him with such casualness. We serve a holy and mighty God. He is worthy of our praise. I am so thankful for Jesus and the new covenant. I can approach the throne of God with confidence because Jesus has washed me white as snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing this journey with us. I'm studying Ezra and was reading in Leviticus this week also for preparation of that study. God is indeed Amazing and Faithful.
Post a Comment