Monday, December 19, 2011

Fire

We had a little kitchen fire today. I was boiling to pot of water for some noodles for supper I needed to switch the laundry, so I went downstairs to do so. A few minutes later, I hear Noah yelling, "MOM, MOOOOMMM! There is a fire!". I ran upstairs to see flames by the stove. I quickly put it out! The fire alarm was beeping and saying, "fire, fire." Thankfully it was not too bad. I have a little burnt spot on my countertop, but I guess it will add a little more character to the kitchen. There had been a Tupperware container with cookies on the counter next to the stove and I remember I set a Christmas letter on top of it before I went downstairs. Someone must have gotten a cookie and the paper fell onto the gas burner causing it to start on fire, which then started the plastic cover on fire. The kids were a bit shaken up. But all is well now. Below is a picture I took with my phone. As you can see it wasn't too bad. I am so thankful for God's protection.

No comments: