It is day 26 of my reading challenge and that is exactly where I am. So far reading hasn't been a challenge, but I am expecting that this week might bring some challenges. We are on vacation for my sister-in-law's wedding. So I anticipate that towards the end of the week I may miss a day or two of my reading. So my goal is to read a little ahead so that if Saturday is super busy (which it will be) I won't have to get stressed about not getting all my reading done.
What I have been learning this week: First,we serve a HOLY God. The chapters that I read this past week seemed to be filled with much blood shed. The Lord brought the Israelites in the land He was giving them and He also handed the people of the land over to them too. As I read, sometimes there were things occurring that were very graphic. But it still speaks to the holiness of God. God didn't choose the Israelites to be His people because they were better than everyone else. He chose them and set them apart to be His own. He brought them into a land that was spacious, flowing with milk and honey. The people already living in the land did evil in the eyes of the Lord. They did not worship the one true God, so God gave them into the Israelites hands to destroy. Nothing unholy may come into the Presence of God. I am so thankful for the new covenant, Jesus. His blood was poured out for me and covers all my sin. Through Jesus, I can come into His Presence. Second, it is repeated many times throughout Deuteronomy, Joshua, and some in Judges, and 1 & 2 Samuel, to "be careful to follow all the commands of the Lord, hold fast to Him, & walk in His ways." The Israelites didn't always follow these directions. And slowly evil crept in and their hearts where turned away from the Lord. My prayer is that I will hold fast to Jesus, keeping my eyes fixed on Him, so that He will help me to see the areas of my life where I need to rid the evil and fill up with more of Him.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update - I was wondering how it was going. I'm blessed beyond.
Post a Comment