Reading through the Bible has been a blessing. It is wonderful to soak in God's word each day. I tend to do most of my reading after the kids are in bed, but sometimes I will read a few chapters here and there throughout the day. I read through Chronicles, Esther, and Job this past week. Today is Day 40 and I am in Psalms. Here are a few verses that spoke to me.
18:1-2 I love you, O LORD, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
19:7-8 The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making the wise simple.
25:4-5 Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths, guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy, and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 40:1-2 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me our of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Last week was a long week. It always takes about a week to get back into routine after being on vacation. The kids were tired and more crabby than usual and I was tired too. Emma and Benaiah were sick. Phil had to work late most nights, so it was just me and the kids all day, everyday. Needless to say, by the end of the week I was a little discouraged. The timing of these verses was perfect. God knew exactly what I needed. He reminded my that I cannot be a mom and wife on my own. I need Him. His strength will get me through each day. I am so thankful that He hears my cry and provides me with all I need.
2 comments:
I'm behind in my B90Days reading but I'm catching up. It has been a huge blessing for me too. Thanks for sharing!
A huge blessing to read just now at 11 PM and after talking to and sharing God's word a young single mom who is struggling.
Post a Comment