Friday, February 5, 2010

Meanest Mommy

Today, I took the kids to the Plymouth Creek Fieldhouse, which is a large field covered with an airdome. There are big inflatables, balls, and lots of room to run. We went with some friends from church and our homeschool co-op. They kids had a blast. We definitely need to go again.

When we were leaving, Emma saw the gum ball machine. She insisted that she needed gum. I told her no. She asked again and I said no again. She then said that I was the "meanest mommy in the whole world!" I said, "Yep, I am!" She sulked all the way home. You would have never known she just had lots of fun playing with her friends. I guess we need to work on gratefulness! As for the meanest mommy, she is going to go clean the house with her helpers! They will probably still think she is mean. Yahoo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. I had to deal with that here when Jake was about 7. Now though when they beg for something and ask why not. I say it is probably because I am the meanet mom in the world and that I probably don't lvoe them. It really takes the fun out of it for them and the laugh and stop whining at me.

AshleyToops said...

i agree with emma. .

j/k. . auntie ashley would have just bought the gum ball. . .

but when link is that age, i will say no too!!

Anonymous said...

You are the BEST mommy! Good work Lindsey, way to teach and keep up the good work!