Well, it seems like it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Much has transpired since my last post. You might remember that Benaiah has pneumonia. Well he seemed to be getting better, but as soon as he finished his course of antibiotics he got very sick again. His breathing was very labored and he got a fever again. I took him into our clinic last Friday. He was much sicker than I realized. He was breathing 80 times a minute and his oxygen levels are mid to low 80s. The doctor was very concerned so they whisked us away to Children's Hospital via ambulance. Thankfully, my aunt Tracy was able to come to the clinic to get the older 3 kids. An ambulance ride with 1 very sick child and 3 wild and little bit scared kids would have been quite the adventure. We spent about 6 hours in the ER before we got to our room. We spent our 1st few days on the Intermediate Care Floor, where Benaiah could get close observation from the nurses. He was on oxygen, continuous nebulizer treatments, a few different antibiotics, steroids, a heart monitor, and IV. Despite being so sick he charmed the nurses with lots of smiles. After 5 days we were able to come home. It is so wonderful to be home. Children's Hospital is great, but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed without any nurses coming into your room every hour. And for some reason blogger is blocked at the hospital.
Benaiah is doing a little better. He looks like he is doing much better, but his lungs are not making much improvement. He is on another course of antibiotics. He is on oxygen during naps and night. We are doing nebs and Vest treatments every 4 hours. We will be doing this for a month. Then we will go back in to see if his lungs are clearing up. If not, he will have to have a bronchoscope. He is such a trooper. He is still smiling and playing and as sweet as ever.
As for me, I am exhausted. I am about 5 days behind on my Bible in 90 days reading too. I was hoping to get reading done in the hospital, but between rocking Benaiah, keeping him busy in his crib, or squeezing a nap in, my reading just fell behind. But I am working on catching up. There are only about 15 days left. So if finish 5 days late, that is okay. I am going to finish though!!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
We're praying for little Benaiah and you guys. That's a lot of different steps for caring for him. Praise God though for all the different ways that he can be helped!
Post a Comment