Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chipmunks

Chipmunks are not terrible creatures. It is fun to watch them scurry up trees or run around the yard. However, when they get inside your house, it is a whole different story. Yes, today a chipmunk found its way inside our house. The door in our garage got left open and in went the chipmunk! I saw him right away. He ran up the stairs, stared at the door (that was not open) and then ran the rest of the way upstairs. I opened the front door and then ran around to the back. I thought I could sneak in through the deck and try to close the bedroom doors and then chase it out the front. It was too fast for me! I did get most of the doors closed, but it did get into our bedroom. Those things freak me out a little or maybe alot! It is small, but still all rodents are gross and give me the willies! (Is that even a word?) Gideon helped by looking in the closet and under the bed for me. But that thing is no where to be found. He either snuck out when we were not looking or he is still hiding. Right now we are all sitting outside with the doors open hoping that in a quiet house the chipmunk will leave his hiding spot and find his way out! Otherwise Phil will have a fun job when he gets home!


On a another note, it has been quite awhile since my last post. I am about 19 weeks now and finally feeling much better. So I am going to work on getting back into the habit of blogging. There is still lots of excitement at the Breker home!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Yep - never a dull moment.

Unknown said...

but did you get the chipmunk out?

Shannonheick said...

this is a fun story Linds! we have a mouse hunt going on at my mom's this weekend. i hope to post a few videos on my blog soon! haaaa. keep us posted!